Remember to record your Giftcard number in a safe place.
- You can check your balance or obtain other customer service at:
Simon Guest Services
- The value of your Giftcard may be reduced by the following MetaBank® fees:
- $2.95 monthly inactivity fee, after twelve consecutive months of inactivity.
- $15.00 fee to replace a lost or stolen Giftcard
- There is a purchase fee paid by the purchaser when the Giftcard is purchased.
- This Giftcard is a prepaid card issued by MetaBank and can only be used in the United States.
MetaBank® Visa® Simon GiftcCard
Read this Cardholder Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference.
The MetaBank Visa Simon Giftcard is a prepaid card issued by MetaBank and may be used at any merchant that accepts Visa debit cards. Signing the back of the Giftcard, using the Giftcard, or allowing someone else to use the Giftcard means that you accept this Agreement and you are responsible for all transactions. In this Agreement the terms “we”, “us”, and “our” mean MetaBank and “you” or “your” mean anyone who has received the Giftcard or is authorized to use it. Keep a record of your Giftcard number in case of loss or theft. You must not use your Giftcard for any illegal transaction. We may decline authorization for any illegal transaction or Internet gambling transaction. Your Giftcard cannot be used for any cash advances, money orders, traveler’s checks, preauthorized or recurring payments, or gambling transactions. Additional value cannot be added to this Giftcard. Transactions that exceed the remaining Giftcard balance will be declined. All transactions will be declined once the Giftcard balance reaches zero.
The laws of the state of South Dakota govern interpretation of this Cardholder Agreement.
There are no transaction fees when using the Giftcard to purchase goods and services. The following fees may apply and will be deducted from the balance available on the Giftcard, except where prohibited or modified by applicable law.
Inactivity Fee: After twelve consecutive months of inactivity, a $2.95 fee will be charged to your Giftcard each month until the Giftcard expires or the balance reaches $0.00. Using the Giftcard to make a purchase transaction will stop the inactivity fee charge from being charged until the Giftcard has again been inactive for 12 consecutive months.
Lost or Stolen Gift Card: We will charge a $15.00 fee to replace a lost or stolen Giftcard. A reissued Giftcard may take up to 30 days to process.
This Giftcard can only be used within the United States. Transactions occurring in a foreign country will be declined.
Resale of Giftcards is strictly prohibited.
Expiration and Revocation
The Giftcard and funds associated with them are valid through the expiration date shown on the front of the Giftcard or until the value on the Giftcard reaches zero, except where prohibited or modified by applicable law. When the Giftcard expires it will be closed and any unused balance will be handled according to escheat law, except as modified by applicable law. MetaBank may revoke the Giftcard at any time without cause or notice. You must surrender a revoked Giftcard and may not use it to make purchases. MetaBank is not liable for the revocation of funds on Giftcards that have been resold.
Internet, Mail, and Phone-Order Purchases
Internet, mail and phone-order purchases may require that we have the name and address of the Giftcard owner on file. If you wish to make Internet, mail, or phone-order purchases, you will need to go to www.simongiftcard.com and enter your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address prior to performing an Internet, mail or phone- order transaction.
Liability for Lost/Stolen Giftcard and Unauthorized Transactions
Inform Giftcard Services immediately at 800-331-5479, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, if your Giftcard has been lost, stolen, or subject to unauthorized use. You will be required to provide your name, the Giftcard number, original value, and transaction history. You may be liable for all transactions that occur on your Giftcard until you report it lost or stolen. You may also be liable for transactions that occur on your Giftcard after you report your Giftcard lost or stolen unless (1) you sign the signature panel on the back of the Giftcard in permanent ink, (2) you promptly report all facts relating to a loss or theft of your Giftcard, and (3) if we ask for your cooperation in our investigation of your lost or stolen Giftcard, you fully cooperate with our request. If you comply with these procedures and we determine there is a balance remaining on your lost or stolen Giftcard, you may request a replacement Giftcard. We will charge a $15.00 fee to replace a lost or stolen Giftcard, which will be deducted from the balance of your Giftcard. A reissued Giftcard may take up to 30 days to process.
Liability for Failure to Complete Transactions
MetaBank is not liable for any failed transaction if you do not have enough money on your Giftcard to cover a transaction, the terminal or system is not working properly, circumstances beyond our control prevent the transaction, or the merchant authorizes an amount greater than the purchase amount.
Liability and Error Resolution Procedures
If there is a problem or dispute with a purchase of goods or services, you must address it directly with the merchant involved. Refunds and returns are subject to the merchant's policies or applicable laws. In case of any other errors on your Giftcard account call Giftcard Services immediately at 800-331-5479. You must call within 30 days of the date of the transaction. If you need more information about error resolution procedures please call Giftcard Services at 800-331-5479.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may disclose information to third parties about your Giftcard or the transactions you make: (a) where it is necessary for completing transactions; (b) to verify the existence and condition of your Giftcard to a third party; (c) to utilize services of third parties and affiliate entities who assist us in providing the Giftcard and related services; (d) to comply with government agency rules or court orders; (e) if you give us your permission; (f) if you owe us money or there are legal proceedings in connection with your Giftcard, in which case information may be released to attorneys, accountants, collection bureaus, financial institutions, and others involved in collection, adjustment, settlement or reporting; (g) to protect against potential fraud and other crimes; or (h) when otherwise permitted by law. We may also share information about you and your Giftcard, based on our transactions and experiences with you, with our parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies and with Simon Property Group and its affiliates.
Here are Some Helpful Tips on How To Use Your MetaBank Visa Simon Giftcard
- Know Your Balance: The Giftcard transaction will be declined if you attempt to make a purchase in excess of your Giftcard balance. If your Giftcard value is not enough to cover the full amount of your purchase, ask the cashier to split the transaction between the remaining Giftcard balance and another form of payment. Tell the cashier how much is on your Giftcard since many merchants cannot tell what the balance is. Visit www.simongiftcard.com for balance information.
- This Giftcard can only be used within the United States.
- Most restaurants, salons and other services where you typically tip may temporarily add approximately 20% to your bill to cover the tip. Make sure your balance can cover the 20% or your transaction will be declined.
- Pay inside for gas purchases. Do not pay at the pump.
- Go to www.simongiftcard.com to register your Giftcard with your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address before you make any Internet, mail, or phone-order purchases. Many merchants do an address match to make sure that the Giftcard belongs to the person making the purchase.
- Visit www.simongiftcard.com for additional helpful tips on how to use your MetaBank Visa Simon Giftcard.