About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
This position will have regional responsibilities for the design and implementation of security programs that contribute to the protection of employees, customers, tenants and assets of the company, audit of contractual security programs, provides corporate security representation to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and coordinates the deployment and ongoing management of technical security programs. Collaborates with and executes all other tasks assigned by the VP of Corporate Security and Emergency Management.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Development and oversight of security programs for a specified region of assets.
• Manages the resources needed to maintain an acceptable risk posture for regional malls, community center, lifestyle centers and other related assets.
• Briefs leadership at a regional and portfolio level of security and operational risks.
• Conducts security assessments using industry threat/risk models.
• Ensures appropriate crisis and emergency management practices are utilized to secure and recover operations.
• Manages physical security measures to include but not limited to guard force, CCTV, access control, intrusion detection and other state of the art solutions.
• Maintains open communication with and provides support to general managers and portfolio vice presidents.
• Monitors terrorism profiles and tactics to ensure appropriate countermeasures are being utilized within their facilities.
• Maintains solid working relationship with local, State and Federal law enforcement and emergency response officials.
• Conducts investigations involving internal and/or external threats toward, or illegal acts against the corporation.
• Provides advice, council, and recommendations to Human Resources, Legal, IT, Auditing, and other corporate functions with respect to investigative and general security matters.
• Demonstrated knowledge of physical security principles and threat/risk analysis methodology.
• Working knowledge of state-of-the-art security programs and systems (access control, security lighting, system design, barriers, incident response, and investigative techniques).
• Comprehensive knowledge of corporate security practices in a Fortune 1000 company.
• Solid communication skills; verbal, written and the delivery of security related presentations.
• Ability to act as the subject matter expert in two or more of the follow categories:
o Security Standards, Polices and Procedural Management
o Security Technologies
o Crisis Management and Emergency Response
o Organized Crime and Gang Activity
o Corporate Investigations
o Special Event Management and Personnel Protection
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 15 years of experience in corporate security and/or law enforcement or the equivalent combination of formal education/training and work experience.
• Must be available for 24/7 response to, or coverage of assets and personnel.
• This position will require extensive travel: 40-50%
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our