About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
This position is to provide Senior-level leadership and project management for complex, multi-million dollar projects. The Senior Project Manager (SPM) defines, plans, and manages the implementation of large and/or complex business technology initiatives.
Ranging from process improvement, to custom software build, to package configuration and installation, the SPM has responsibility for overseeing and driving complex, sensitive and critical capital projects. The position is responsible for the successful execution of large scale Project Initiatives and Business Systems Management Projects. They will have dotted line Project Management team members reporting to them as well as having multiple management level consultants reporting in to their projects. They work collaboratively across the company to assure quality, timely project implementations and business adoption.
Additionally, the SPM will lead ‘buy verses build’ analysis, RFP development, software selection, quality processes such as software testing, implementation planning, and training coordination as demanded by the needs of the project. On the project, the SPM will have dotted line accountability to the Project Sponsor.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Responsible for a large, significant segment of a large project, and/or multiple smaller projects
• Compliance with Internal and External Audits as related to IT projects
• Facilitates projects and decisions to keep driving towards overall business objectives.
• Responsible for performance, cost scope, schedule, quality and appropriate business measurements for their project/segment of the project, according to the project charter
• Manages projects, consultants and project resources, assures projects are delivered according to scope, design, budget and timelines as outlined by the Sponsor and as documented in the charter and in compliance with Audit.
• Responsible for project planning. Identifies, estimates and presents cost, schedule and risk for the project.
• Maintains resource forecasting, planning & work assignment allocations.
• Reviews and negotiates with contractors and consultants to ensure they will meet or exceed the needs of Simon on any given program or project.
• Reviews and negotiates hardware and software contracts to ensure they will meet the needs of Simon.
• Maintains demand planning and resource management tools.
• Participates in and facilitates leadership steering group & project status meetings; develops/distributes status reports.
• Influences others to drive issues to resolution.
• Performs regular project reviews, and reviews status reports prepared by project personnel – then modifies schedules or plans as required.
• Provides reporting analysis and review of project to senior leadership.
PMO Standards and Processes:
• Ensures project delivery methodology is planned for and complied with.
• Manages project change control processes.
Portfolio Risk and Quality Management:
• Audits projects for quality and consistency in delivery.
• Assures risk assessments are completed, at the project level, and takes appropriate action to address/minimize risks identified.
Project Team Development:
• Creates a team-oriented climate that encourages creative solutions and strategies, establishes collaboration and emphasizes quality and cost.
• Assesses individual development needs, and aligns project performance development with departmental and individual development.
• Provides direction, coaching, mentoring, etc. to Project Team and Business Systems Team.
• Conducts informal performance appraisals.
• Promotes team building and motivates staff.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in progressive Project and IT Management roles with budgets in excess of $1M and teams of 25 or more resources.
• 5-9 years of progressive management and/or project management experience with the ability to guide others on project management processes, tools, and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to manage project in excess of $500,000 through successful implementation
• Masters degree in one of the following areas: Information Technology, Business, Finance, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• PMP Certification is a plus.
• Works cooperatively with indirect reports in a matrix organization to establish assignments, resource correctly, prioritize and re-prioritize as needed.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships across business groups.
• Works effectively within and across the organization to evaluate project results.
• Builds credibility and relationships with peers and management through words and actions.
• Raises issues to the appropriate level when needed for assistance/guidance in direction.
• Negotiation of multi-million dollar contracts with vendors, consulting firms, hardware and software companies for the benefit of Simon Property Group.
• A management level professional that advises others and works with team members to articulate, compare, and implement solutions and alternative approaches based upon project management principles. Negotiates effectively with business representatives and team members to define the project goals, work content and schedule.
• Expertise in planning, forecasting and personnel in order to manage Project team staff and business issues.
• Knowledge of the PMI Process Groups; Initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing. Knowledge of current Project Management methodologies. Understands department/function resources, priorities and policies and applies this understanding to project activities.
• Working knowledge and usage of the Simon Project Lifecycle (Analyze, Plan, Build, Rollout) and audit (internal / external) requirements.
• Demonstrates the required proficiency levels for skills defined at this position.
• Clearly communicates results to all levels of management.
• Anticipates potential project related problems. Utilizes refined techniques for identifying, eliminating or mitigating solution, project, and business risk. Understands customer, industry and business trends. Applies this understanding to meet project objectives.
• Establishes and maintains clear mechanisms to communicate project status and changes with the project team and other staff. Must be able to effectively communicate resource needs and project issues with the appropriate levels of management/project management.
• Recognizes and articulates complex problems related to programs projects/segments of the project or functions. Applies creativity and sound judgment in the development of multiple solutions related to project objectives utilizing recognized project management techniques.
• As appropriate, challenges the validity of given procedures and processes with a view toward enhancement or improvement.
• Analyzes problems and creates solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our