About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
As a newly created position, the Vice President, Talent Management will be charged with serving as a strategic partner to the Simon leadership team in all areas of talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, and training and development. The incumbent will be responsible for building a world-class talent capability to support Simon’s strategic growth objectives. The key priorities are to identify and develop leaders; develop successor talent; provide strategic direction in the processes and practices associated with the development and retention of Simon talent at all levels.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Establish a best in class talent management team.
· Build a leadership pipeline and talent review process that prepares the organization for growth and improves the depth and breadth of internal talent and skills across the company.
· Develop a core leadership and management development strategy that equips managers with the basic tools, skills and process knowledge required to effectively manage their people and lead their organization.
· Lead Simon’s succession planning and organizational planning processes.
· Oversee administration of all talent management programs and ensure programs support organization strategy and link to HR programs.
· Assist in the development of change initiatives and the analysis of the ROI of technology investments and lead selection and implementation of software solutions to support the strategic talent management function.
· Collaborate with other platforms to influence alignment of talent systems and processes.
Performance Management and Succession Planning
· Craft organization-wide performance management, succession planning and career planning strategies.
· Facilitate the process of analyzing and identifying the organization's talent requirements to support current and future needs.
· Increase the number of “ready now” executives to enhance internal promotions.
· Manage a company-wide talent review process including development plans for high-potentials and executives, management assessment, performance management, and learning and development programs.
· Design and implement enterprise-wide career development strategies.
Training and Development
· Develop organization-wide training strategies and philosophies.
· Assess the internal climate to create relevant training programs. Develop and roll out all training strategies to improve performance.
· Determine how course content should be delivered through appropriate instruction procedures/method (e.g., classroom instruction, e-learning, self study programs).
· Design and coordinate training policies, programs and schedules based on organization needs and changes in products/services.
· Oversee vendor selection for third-party training needs, as necessary.
· Analyze and determine training needs of the organization; formulate and develop plans, procedures, and programs to meet specific training needs and problems.
· Develop and construct training manuals and training aids or may supervise their development by outside suppliers.
· Manage the learning and leadership development programs and budget.
The successful candidate will have 10-15 years experience in a large Fortune 1000 company with specific expertise in talent management, assessment, engagement, and development. Previous generalist experience and working in a multi-site financial service, professional services, or retail environment is preferred.
This individual must be proactive, capable of suggesting new and meaningful alternatives to current practices and programs and developing both strategic and tactical plans required to accomplish the mission-at-hand. He/She will understand that work gets done through the operating leaders of the company, and thus highly developed teambuilding, influencing, and collaboration skills are required.
Other key requirements:
· A Bachelor’s degree is required; an M.B.A. or Master’s degree in Human Resources, OD, I/O Psychology is preferred.
· Reputation as the "talent expert" (succession planning, leadership development, performance management, learning, career development) and history of serving as the primary advisor to C-level and other senior executives on these topics.
· Significant and robust experience in organizational development, management and leadership development, succession planning, and performance management.
· Strong change leadership skills coupled with exceptional relationship building and influencing ability.
· Executive level presentation skills and maturity.
· Strong business and financial acumen (cross-functional experience a plus).
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong problem solving skills; ability to think strategically and critically in developing solutions to complex problems.
· Unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards.
· Developing Direct Reports: Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the team; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback.
· Organizational Agility: High levels of resourcefulness; knows how to get things done through both formal channels and the informal network.
· Interpersonal savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people; makes a pleasant first impression and builds solid relationships.
· Change Agent: Skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change
· Innovation Management: Proven record of working as a business partner with line management in the design and implementation of effective and efficient talent management programs.
· Execution Skills: Experience driving execution successfully and operationalizing talent strategies in an organization recognized for excellence in talent management.
· Team Building: Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team within a fast-paced environment.
· Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
· Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; commands attention and has executive presence/impact.
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our