About Simon |
Careers with Simon |
The Store Manager’s overall responsibility is to lead a radical customer and employee experience that drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) results that maximize store performance.
As a part of the overall role as Store Manager, there are 3 major areas of responsibility: People, Product and Place.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned as needed.)
PEOPLE: Development and Team Building
• Recruit, Hire, Promote and Retain top talent.
• Set the standard of Team Performance and creates teams that consistently achieve stated goals.
• Demonstrated ability to set goals that are specific, actionable and based on established KPIs.
• Sets the example by demonstrating personal customer service and selling skills.
• Focus on succession planning to ensure Team career goals are met and internal promotions fill open positions.
• Develops team-selling skills to deliver Radical Customer Experience, utilizing all of the training materials provided.
• Consistently building employee knowledge base by engaging in continuous education, role-playing and effective delegation of tasks.
• Execute Fossil Brand Philosophy and Company Vision.
• Recognizes performance issues in a timely fashion and partners with Area/District Manager for resolution.
• Create Action Plans based on Division of Responsibility (DOR) to exceed goals/plan.
PEOPLE: Leadership and Communication
• Demonstrates and ensures that the store embodies Fossil’s 6 Core values.
• Communicates successes, opportunities and solutions to Area/District Manager.
• Forms partnerships throughout the organization.
• Is a leader amongst peers.
• Participates and is fully engaged in Conference Calls and Team Meetings.
• Inspires and motivates others by demonstrating the highest level of personal performance.
• Provide appropriate and consistent recognition to highlight individual performance that exceeds expectations.
• Drive employee engagement.
• Maintains high level of personal integrity (e.g., adhering to Loss Prevention practices and policies, work published schedule, accurate timekeeping records, etc.) and expects the same of their team.
• Ensures that all directives for Floor sets and Plan-o-Gram’s (POG) are executed on time and within allowable hours.
• Knows the best sellers, the required placement, and ensures that sales are at or above company performance.
• Imparts product knowledge utilizing tools provided.
• Provide consistent Radical Customer experience through flawless presentation standards.
• Executes effective schedules that take in to account business trends, & sales associate performance to maximize opportunity.
• Manages payroll effectively and on budget.
• Maintains neat, clean, and organized total store environment.
• Achieves Sales Plan at “M” Meets Expectation.
• Achieves Average Dollar Sale (ADS), Items Per Customer (IPC), Multiple Items % (Multi %) and Conversion at “M” Meets Expectation.
• Meets compliance standards to complete tasks.
• Maximizes customer experience through effective time & task management plan.
• Manages all aspects of Loss Prevention and adheres to external and internal procedures for theft, inventory management and operational controls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A passion for customer service.
• Desire and demonstrated ability to develop people to the next level.
• Attention to details coupled with high standards.
• Great delegation & follow-up skills.
• Retail business comprehension.
• Conflict management & resolution skills.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Outstanding Communication Skills.
• Minimum 2 Years experience as Retail Assistant Manager.
• College Degree preferred not required.
• This is an overview of your job description, you may be asked to perform additional tasks or duties by your supervisor.
Works on problems of diverse scope. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting
methods and techniques of obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinates(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve
problems. Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance requirements.
Coordinates the activities of a section, department or store with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; regularly climb or balance; and frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, this employee will regularly travel to various locations and occasionally work in high, precarious places, be around fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Mobile Site |
Find a Mall |
Contact Us |
Become An Insider |
Simon Youth Foundation |
Copyright © 2013 Simon Property Group, L.P. All Rights Reserved.
By continuing past this page and/or using this site, you agree to abide by the
use of any information on this site. View our